In the last 5 years web design has begun to a shift. In the early days of the web HTML & Tables were used to build layouts for web pages. Toward the end of the 90’s several great voices began to talk about the value of Web Standards, backed by browsers makers and the W3C web standard began to be adopted & HTML & CSS began to be used for creating Web Page layouts. HTML & CSS became the “Bread & Butter” of new websites that was slowly adopted by the browser makers & web developers.
Rise of the Page Builders
The Web is now going through another shift. Though we are not abandoning HTML & CSS as we did table-based layouts, the shift that is upon us could be labeled “The Rise of the Page Builders”. Mass user adoption of the web demands something that requires a less technical understanding of the web.
Page Builders fill that D.I.Y. Gap.
The Shifting Monopoly
To the dismay of many web developers (myself included), who once monopolized the business of building websites, building your own website will require less & less technical knowledge in the coming years.
August IEWP Meetup Topic
At the August Inland Empire WordPress Meetup we will be discussing “The Rise of the Page Builders.”
In the WordPress ecosystem page builders are popping up everywhere. In our presentation we will only cover 3 Page Builders but set you on a path & give you guidelines to adequately evaluate the 57 + page builders in the WordPress Ecosystem.
Here is the speaker line up:
We will also have an open floor discussion where we will cover some other page builders. Because of the insane amount of page builders that are currently on the market there is no possible way that we can do justice to the what actually is available.
We will cover these basics:
- Why use a page builder?
- What are the pros & cons of a page builder?
- How does using a page builder preclude me from hiring a professional web developer?
- Why you may still need the help of a professional web developer?
- 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM Optional But Awesome – Meet At The Riverside Art Museum to view fellow Meetup Group Member @jessboctor’s Exhibit 13 | 31
- 5:00 PM – 6:15 PM Dinner at Heroes Restaurant in Riverside across the street from the Riverside Art Museum
- 6:30 PM – 7:15 PM Meet at the Venue, Network & Announcements
- 7:15 PM – 8:10 PM Presentation Time
- 8:10 PM – 9:00 PM Networking & End.